Phone: (833) 539-7285TTY: (877) 334-0499Website: sowi.mylifeexpert.com (Company Code: SOWI)
Kepro is the provider of the Employee Assistance Program for UWM.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free and confidential benefit for eligible UW System employees and their household members. EAP services include: in-person and virtual counseling sessions, referrals to community resources, supervisory consultations, crisis support, and work-life referrals.
Kepro is a leading quality improvement and care management organization that has been delivering EAP services for 25 years. Kepro provides access to EAP counseling sessions through a large network of EAP professionals. Kepro is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
You may contact Kepro for assistance with:
- Personal and Emotional Challenges
(Relationships, Parenting, Grieving)
- Family Caregiving Services
(Child Care, Elder Care, Adoption)
- Legal and Financial Services
(Managing Expenses or Debt, Preparation of Simple Wills, Child Custody, or Child Support)
- Work-life and Convenience Resources
The Kepro website provides tools and information to address life’s everyday concerns. The Kepro website is anonymous, confidential, and secure. You will find research articles, self-paced trainings, monthly webinars, legal and financial resources, and much more.
Please also see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below for more detailed information about Kepro’s services.
Frequently Asked Questions
View Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Kepro?
Kepro is a leading quality improvement and care management organization that has been delivering EAP services for 25 years. These services extend to over one million lives and provide services to multiple states and municipalities across the United States.
- When can I contact Kepro for services?
You may contact Kepro via their toll-free number, (833) 539-7285, to schedule an appointment with a Kepro network provider after January 1, 2021.
- Who is eligible for EAP services?
Most UW System employees and their household family members are eligible for EAP services.
If you are in a Graduate or Student Help position, you are not eligible for the EAP with Kepro; however, similar services are available through your institution’s student health services and SilverCloud, a self-guided interactive mental health resource.
- When are EAP services available?
EAP services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Does Kepro share my personal information with my employer?
No. As required per the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), all information shared with Kepro and the EAP provider network is confidential and is not shared with anyone without your written authorization and consent. To learn more, request a copy of Kepro’s privacy statement by contacting them at their toll-free number (833) 539-7285.
- What services are included in the EAP?
EAP services include but are not limited to counseling for personal/emotional challenges, family caregiving services, legal and financial services, convenience and work-life services and online tools/information.
For more information, visit https://sowi.mylifeexpert.com, (Company Code: SOWI). You will need to create an account to access Kepro’s online resources.
- Does Kepro offer video counseling or virtual EAP sessions?
Yes, Kepro has a national network of credentialed EAP professionals, including a robust network of providers in the State of Wisconsin, who are available to deliver services via a secure platform in the jurisdiction or state where they are independently licensed.
- What happens when I call the EAP toll-free number to initiate services?
During the initial call, the EAP professional will collect information about the nature of your request, evaluate needs for immediate support and locate resources and/or a local EAP professional for you to meet with in-person or virtually.
- If I was receiving EAP services from FEI, what do I need to do to continue my services with the new EAP provider, Kepro?
If you were receiving EAP services from FEI, you may continue any authorized sessions through December 31, 2020. Then, on/after January 1, 2021 any future EAP services should be coordinated through Kepro. To initiate services with Kepro on/after January 1, 2021, contact Kepro at their toll-free number (833) 539-7285.
You may also want to talk to your current counselor to see if they are in Kepro’s network. If they are not already in Kepro’s network, you can encourage them to join.
- If the counselor I am seeing is not affiliated with Kepro, how do I request that they be added to Kepro’s network?
If you have a counselor you would like to be considered for the Kepro network, you may email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Kepro at their toll-free number, (833) 539-7285.
In your request, include the counselor’s name, city, and phone number (if available). Kepro will then contact the counselor to walk them through the process of joining the Kepro network.
Note: Making a request does not guarantee approval.
- What is Kepro’s website address?
The website is https://sowi.mylifeexpert.com (Company Code: SOWI). Kepro’s website is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You will need to establish a unique login and password the first time you visit the site.
- What information is available on Kepro’s website?
The website provides tools and information to address life’s everyday concerns. The site is anonymous, confidential, and secure. You will find research articles, self-paced trainings, monthly webinars, legal and financial resources, and much more.
- What are the legal and financial services offered through the EAP?
- You and your household family members can schedule a free, first-time telephonic consultation (up to 30 minutes) with an attorney on a variety of legal concerns. After the initial telephonic consultation, a 25% discount off the attorney’s regular hourly fee will apply on subsequent services from that consultation. You have access to all areas of law.
- You and your household family members can also schedule a free, first-time telephonic consultation (up to 30 minutes) with a financial counselor. These services are provided by seasoned financial professionals and licensed Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). After the initial telephonic consultation with the CPA, a 25% discount off the CPAs regular hourly fee will apply on subsequent services arising from that initial consultation.
- Telephone consultations for legal and financial services are limited to 30 minutes, per person per unique issue per year.
- Is there a mobile App?
Yes, Kepro has a mobile app that provides the same robust resource offerings and features accessible on the website. You may download the app to your mobile device by scanning the QR code on the Kepro website: https://sowi.mylifeexpert.com.
- Are there work-life/convenience resources available through the EAP?
Yes, you may access Kepro’s work-life/convenience resources by calling their toll-free number (833) 539-7285, or by using the Kepro website, or Kepro mobile app, to do a self-guided search.
- Does Kepro provide EAP services in other languages?
Kepro offers services in more than 100 different languages through a translation line. Dial the same dedicated toll-free phone number, (833) 539-7285, to access the translation line.
- How does Kepro provide services for the deaf and/or hearing impaired?
TTY or Relay services are available to assist deaf and/or hearing-impaired individuals. There are also EAP professionals that are proficient in American Sign Language (ASL) or have experience in partnering with an interpreter service to deliver counseling services for the deaf/hearing-impaired. The Kepro EAP TTY telephone number is (877) 334-0499.
- How do I contact the EAP?
- Phone (toll-free): (833) 539-7285
- TTY: (877) 334-0499
- Website: https://sowi.mylifeexpert.com
(Company Code: SOWI)