Functions of Employment and Compliance Services
- Develop competencies in Shared Services HR Staff.
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex or novel questions or matters.
- Identify training or process improvement needs within the HR function.
- Provide strategic support for units.
- Support campus-wide HR initiatives and projects, based on identified need or as required by changes in regulations, laws, or policies.
Classification and Compensation
- Administration of University compensation programs.
- Compensation and market analysis.
- Participates in Salary Surveys.
- Develop campus compensation philosophy and guidelines.
- Oversee compliance with FLSA regulations.
- Maintain classification structure and support titling initiatives.
- Support titling determinations and reviews.
- Participate in campus/system compensation initiatives.
Employee Relations and Compliance
- Interpret, implement, and advise on employment policies.
- Grievance, discipline, discharge, furlough, and labor reduction processes.
- Advise on Leave Policies.
- Administer campus PRP Program.
- ADA Accommodations.
- Interpret and advise on Bargaining Agreements.
- Oversee Unemployment Compensation programs.
Employee Staffing and Systems
- Implement and advise on HRS maintenance best practices.
- Participate in campus/system HRS initiatives.
- Screening and selection procedures and best practices.
- Manage Applicant Tracking System updates and practices.
- Counsel HR partners regarding hiring practices, recruitment waiver requests, and contracts.
- Support and advise on employee onboarding.
- AA planning and workforce diversity initiatives.
- Support efforts to attract and source candidates.
Training and Organizational Development
- Develop competency programs for HR professionals.
- Develop and maintain competency programs for supervisors.
- Engage with BPs and Ops on current topics, issues, and training.
- Maintain resources for HR Partners.
- Serve on campus committees to support training and development.
Project and Process Management
- Lead HR Projects to improve HR-related processes and practices.
- Lead multi-functional teams in implementing policies or in continuous process improvement.
- Implement technologies that improve campus processes, create efficiencies, and increase data integrity.
- Develop communication and conduct outreach/training in response to changes.
- Coordinate system level updates and impacts at the campus level.
Elise Bechly Schubert