TRiO is an academic success program available at the UWM at Waukesha and UWM at Washington campuses. By partnering with eligible students, advisors provide a wide range of academic resources that help highly motivated students meet their educational goals. The nationwide federally funded program is successful: TRiO students are more than twice as likely to complete their degrees as non-TRiO students.
Benefits of TRiO
- Personalized advising and educational planning
- Study skills workshops, individual and group tutoring sessions
- Free developmental coursework (MAT 097) and academic support courses
- Academic, financial, career and personal counseling
- Assistance in obtaining financial aid (FAFSA)
- A supportive learning environment with access to technology and reference materials
- Assistance in securing admission and financial assistance for enrollment in baccalaureate programs
- Exposure to cultural/educational events
To qualify for this benefit program, you must be a current or prospective student at UWM at Waukesha pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree and meet one of the following guidelines:
- First-generation college student (neither parent graduated from a four-year college/university)
- Eligible for the PELL grant
- Documented learning or physical disability
If you aren’t sure you qualify, call 262-521-5475 to make an appointment with an advisor who can help determine your eligibility.
If you are eligible, please complete the application and return to the Solution Center or mail to your campus address listed in the contact box.
Note: Because of the limited number of spaces available, submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance into the program. You will be notified of your status.