- PhD, English-Media, Cinema, Digital Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- MA, English-Film Studies, North Carolina State University
- BA, Political Science, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- English/Film Studies/Art History 111: Introduction to Film, TV, and the Internet
- English/Film Studies 290: Introduction to Film
- English/Film Studies 380: Media and the Environment
- English/Film Studies 212: Introduction to the Fantasy Film
- English/Film Studies 212: The Cinema of Alfred Hitchcock and Beyond
- English 101: Introduction to College Writing
- English 102: College Writing and Research
Research and Teaching Interests
- Scottish cinema and culture
- British cinema and culture
- U.S. cinema and culture
- Short films
- Film genres and genre theory
- Film authorship and directors
- Finch, Zach. "The Walking Dead and Gendering Zombie Austerity." Gender and Austerity in Popular Culture: Femininity, Masculinity, & Recession in Film & Television, edited by Helen Davies and Claire O'Callaghan, I.B. Tauris, 2017.
- Finch, Zach. "Fast Times with Clueless Losers: Lessons on Sex and Gender in Amy Heckerling's Teen Films." Refocus: The Films of Amy Heckerling, edited by Frances Smith and Timothy Shary, Edinburgh University Press, 2016, pp. 36-52.
- Finch, Zach. Review of Performing Authorship: Self-Inscription and Corporeality in the Cinema, by Cecelia Sayad. Journal of Film and Video, vol. 68, no. 1, 2016, pp. 58-59.
- Finch, Zach. Review of Maya Deren: Incomplete Control, by Sarah Keller. Film Criticism, vol. 40, no. 3, 2016.
- Nowlan, Bob and Zach Finch, editors. Directory of World Cinema: Scotland. Intellect, 2015.