User Responsibilities for the Farmhouse at the UWM Saukville Field Station
Our housing is provided for the convenience of those who are working or visiting on station. There is no housekeeping staff nor anyone available to take care of your day-to-day needs. Our custodial services are provided by the same person who cares for all of the Saukville Field Station. Please keep this in mind and pitch in.
- Please bring your own linens, as the Saukville Field Station does not provide pillows, blankets, or towels.
- There is a phone that can be used for local calls. It is attached to the main # on campus which is 262-675-6844.
- The kitchen is equipped with standard appliances, cookware, dishes, silverware, cleaning supplies, etc.
- When you leave, try to leave everything just a bit cleaner than you found it. If something is broken or needs repair, please contact Paul or Ron.
Paul Engevold, Interim Director, at 414-659-4179
Ron Tagye, Superintendent of Building & Grounds, at 262-623-8893
- Firearms and weapons of any kind are strictly prohibited on Saukville FS property.
- No pets are allowed.
- No alcohol is allowed. Wisconsin Administrative Code prohibits possession of open containers of alcohol beverages and consumption of any alcohol beverage on Saukville Field Station property.
- This is a smoke-free campus. Use of tobacco, smoking, and vaping (e-cigarettes) is prohibited on Saukville Field Station property which includes all indoor and outdoor spaces and University owned vehicles. An exception to this policy may be requested of the Director in the case of a cultural or religious ceremony or event held at Saukville FS.
- Speed limits are 10 miles per hour on all Station roads and 25mph on Blue Goose Road. The Station is home to researchers, students, and an abundant variety of wildlife, including many deer, making speed hazardous. Please SLOW down and enjoy the scenery. Park vehicles only in designated areas.
- Place your clean recyclables in the dumpster marked for recycling in the parking area, next to the dumpster marked for trash. Please do not bag your recyclables – just empty them into the dumpster. We are fined if recyclables are in plastic bags.
- Saukville FS users wishing to have a guest visit them must obtain explicit and prior approval from the Director or Superintendent.
- Saukville FS staff will not enter your room without your permission except when:
- responding to what they consider a serious life and/or health threatening emergency
- accompanied by police officers under their authority and responsibility for the purpose of investigation
- performing requested, preventative, prescheduled and/or emergency maintenance
- After your stay, please place your trash in the dumpster in the parking area near the main entrance to the Saukville FS.
- Please take all of your leftover food with you or throw it away. Do not assume that any of your leftovers would be welcomed.
- Please be respectful of others and “leave no trace.”
- Try to do at least one thing that leaves the place nicer than when you arrived.