UWM and the Office of Compliance and Ethics are committed to fulfilling UWM’s guiding values of:
- Innovation, leadership, and collaboration that fosters learning through education, scholarship and research, and public service.
- Opportunities for open inquiry to support the positive transformation of individuals (students, faculty, and staff), institutions, and communities.
- A caring, compassionate, and collegial community characterized by mutual respect and safety.
- Diversity in all of its definitions, including who we are, how we think, and what we do.
- Ethical behavior, based on integrity, accountability, and responsibility.
- Transparent and inclusive decision making.
- Stewardship of resources that promote sustainability, prosperity, and equity for all in the local and global communities.
- Pride in our institution, our unique qualities, and our vital role.
Critical to ethical behavior is not only an understanding of the federal and state ethical rules but also ensuring that UWM is meeting its federal and state compliance obligations.