Declare Your Major

When to Declare a Major

Ideally, you should declare the major as early as possible. That way you can take advantage of program advising in planning the best sequence of upper-level courses.

How to Declare a Comparative Ethnic Studies Major

To declare a Committee Interdisciplinary Major in Comparative Ethnic Studies, you will need to:

Fill out and submit the

Declaration of Major Form »

Initial Advising Appointment to Declare the Major

The next step is to make an appointment with the Program Director by sending an email to You are required to make an appointment. The Program Director will respond via email, and possibly set up a virtual or in-person meeting as well, in order to answer your questions about the major, including what option within the major to choose based on your interests and career plans, and to assign you an individual faculty advisor within the major.