Starting October 19, 2019, Canvas will receive a number of improvements and updates as part of the regularly-scheduled upgrade cycle by Instructure. Updates are made regularly to bring new features, improve user experience, and fix bugs. Such updates do not typically result in downtime.
- The navigation menu has been updated to include color and visual indicators to define active menu items. Tooltip indicators will indicate inactive menu items instead of grayed out text.
- The Analytics LTI tool is no longer “beta”. The existing Analytics tool available on the course homepage will remain, and it will be replaced at a later date for all instructors.
- Posting Policies have been updated to use better iconography and to improve consistency in behavior.
- Support for Firefox ESR version 60 has concluded. A warning banner will be shown to users. Everyone is advised to use a supported browser.
To learn more about this Canvas update, and to see how the changes may affect instructors’ and students’ work, refer to the audience-specific release note links.
- Canvas Release Notes for Students – Students, guests, and student academic support professionals
- Canvas Release Notes for Instructors – Faculty, teaching staff, teaching assistants, graders, and instructional designers
- Canvas Release Notes for Administrators – Campus, school and college support professionals; administrators and IT professionals
- Canvas Release Notes for Observers – guests of courses, presenters and other limited access course participants
- Comprehensive Release Notes – Contains all information for all audiences related to this release