You Can Help! Prevent Suicide. is a bystander intervention program that enables students to help fellow students experiencing emotional distress and/or thoughts of suicide. Through this program, students will:
- become familiar with some basic facts related to college student mental health,
- understand the warning signs of emotional distress and suicide,
- be prepared to support someone in emotional distress or crisis,
- learn how to refer fellow students to the appropriate resources, and
- understand some strategies for increasing resiliency and engaging in self-care.
This program is intended for all students, complementing the Campus Connect trainings geared for faculty, staff, and student leaders.
Questions or Concerns
For questions, concerns, or to request a training for your student group, please contact Lori Bokowy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit this form to indicate your interest in training. Sign up for the session that best fits your schedule. You will then receive a confirmation with a room assignment. As the training includes some group discussion, a minimum of 4 individuals must be registered to hold the training.