You Can Help! Prevent Suicide
You Can Help! Prevent Suicide. is a bystander intervention program that enables students to help fellow students experiencing emotional distress and/or thoughts of suicide. Through this program, students will:
- become familiar with some basic facts related to college student mental health,
- understand the warning signs of emotional distress and suicide,
- be prepared to support someone in emotional distress or crisis,
- learn how to refer fellow students to the appropriate resources, and
- understand some strategies for increasing resiliency and engaging in self-care.
This program is intended for all students interested in how to best support their peers.
Questions or Concerns
For questions, concerns, or to request a training for your student group, please contact Lori Bokowy at email@example.com
Please submit this form to indicate your interest in training. Sign up for the session that best fits your schedule. You will then receive a confirmation with a room assignment. As the training includes some group discussion, a minimum of 4 individuals must be registered to hold the training.
You Can Help! Prevent Suicide. Sign Up Form
UW System and Mantra Health Webinars
Take a step back away from your TikTok… put the textbook down… and join us for some much-deserved self-care!
The University of Wisconsin System is thrilled to partner with Mantra Health, an evidence-based mental health provider, to offer you a series of free mental health webinars. See UWM Fall 23 Mantra Student Webinars for more information!
Your mental and emotional well-being needs to be a priority, especially when you’re feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and overworked. This is the best time to put yourself first.