Campus Connect Suicide Prevention Training
The Campus Connect Suicide Prevention Training is an interactive, experientially-based workshop designed to improve participants’ suicide intervention skills, so as to develop a network of individuals at UWM who are prepared to assist in identifying and supporting students in crisis. Participants will:
- become familiar with basic statistics and facts regarding college student suicide
- understand the warning signs that someone may be considering suicide
- know how to ask someone if they are thinking about suicide
- know how to refer someone who is thinking about suicide to the appropriate mental health professionals
Campus Connect Suicide Prevention BOOSTER Training
The Campus Connect Suicide Prevention BOOSTER Training is an interactive “refresher” training on crisis response and suicide prevention. Designed in response to the continuing education needs identified by individuals who have previously participated in Campus Connect, attendees will:
- be reminded of strategies for initiating supportive conversations and asking someone if they are thinking about suicide
- understand the importance of maintaining appropriate boundaries in your role as a gatekeeper and acquire strategies for establishing such boundaries while helping a student in distress
- review strategies for encouraging individuals to pursue referrals to appropriate mental health professionals
- feel better prepared to respond to a student in crisis through the use of real-life vignettes
Questions or Concerns
For questions, concerns, or to request a training for your office, please contact Lori Bokowy, at email@example.com.
Please submit this form to indicate your interest in training. Sign up for the session that fits your schedule and you will receive a confirmation with a room assignment. You are only eligible to sign up for Booster training if you have previously taken Campus Connect. Please note, sessions with less than 8 registered participants may be canceled due to the need for group discussion and engagement to best meet program objectives.
Campus Connect Training Sign Up Form
UW System and Mantra Health
The University of Wisconsin System has partnered with Mantra Health to not only establish a more comprehensive mental health program for students, but also provide faculty and staff with free webinar sessions.
Aimed to equip you with the tools and information needed to make quality referrals and take action, when needed, to maintain the health and safety of the campus.
Find more information and register for an upcoming webinar here: UW System Mantra Health Resource Webinars