The International Society of Biometeorology is based on individual membership. Regular membership is open to all persons with academic training and degree. Membership fees include subscription of the International Journal of Biometeorology (12 issues per year) and the Bulletin of the Society (newsletter appearing approximately twice a year). A student membership is also available for those currently enrolled in an institute of higher education. ISB Memberships are given by the calendar year, with journal subscriptions for whole years only. If membership dues are paid between January 1st and August 31st, they apply starting with the current calendar year. If membership dues are paid between September 1st and December 31st, they apply starting with the following calendar year (with web page member access granted for the remainder of the current year).
Benefits of membership in ISB include:
- Subscription to the International Journal of Biometeorology (IJB).
- All members will have digital access to the International Journal of Biometeorology. Members who wish to receive paper copies of the Journal should contact the Society Secretary.
- Subscription to the Biometeorology Bulletin
- 20% Discount on books published in the Springer Biometeorology book series
- Rebates at ISB international congresses and symposia
- Participation in ISB Commissions and Study Groups covering a wide range of subjects within Biometeorology
- Subscription to “Biometnet” email-list, a forum for online discussions and information exchange (only open to ISB members)
- Access to additional resources through the ISB Internal Site (“members only” web pages), which includes access to the International Journal of Biometeorology (IJB)
- Members 35 years of age or younger are eligible to enter for the Tromp Scientific Award.
- Having a strong and acknowledged partner for the representation of biometeorologic issues at international organizations and authorities
The ISB membership categories are:
- Regular, 1 year, $75 USD
- Regular, 2 years, $140 USD
- Regular, 3 years, $205 USD
- Retired, 1 year, $50 USD
- Student, 1 year, $50 USD
- Low and middle income country, 1 year, $50 USD
- Reduced Student (Online IJB access only and no voting privileges), 1 year, $10
- Reduced Low and middle income country (Online IJB access only and no voting privileges), 1 year, $10
- Reduced Retired (Online IJB access only and no voting privileges), 1 year, $10
new membership now!
*Please do not submit multiple applications. If you are attempting to renew your membership, please contact Michael Allen (email@example.com)*