We have moved!
Our new address is 1375 S. Garfield Ave. Loveland, CO 80537.
New Faces at ACS Exams: Associate Directors of ACS Exams
We are thrilled to announce the start of three new Associate Directors (more details on all staff and personnel here):
- Olga Michels: Associate Director of New Products
- Jaclyn Trate: Associate Director of Test Development
- Sachin Nedungadi: Associate Director of Research
We are also very sad to see Jeff Raker finish his term as Associate Director (2015-2023), but we are also very excited for the stage in his career!
New exams and norms released this year:
Through the exhaustive work of our exam committees, we are excited to announce not only the release of new exams this year but also new components to be available with these new exams.
- Organic Chemistry, 2023 (stock code: OR23)
- The newest exam for the sophomore-level full-year organic chemistry course is available. In addition to this test, when you submit answer sheets to us for scoring, the score report available for this test will also include partial credit scoring. Users will have the option of using either score. Additionally, the exam will be released with preliminary modeled norms. This is only our second test that we are releasing with modeled norms, but we also expect this will become common for higher use exams.
- Inorganic Chemistry, 2023 (stock code: IN23)
- The newest exam for the senior-level inorganic chemistry course is available. In addition to this test, when you submit answer sheets to us for scoring, the score report available for this test will also include subscoring in key content areas.
- General Chemistry Conceptual (First-Term, Second-Term and Full-Year exams all in one test booklet), 2023 (stock code: GC23C)
- The newest exam for general chemistry conceptual for first-term, second-term and full-year exams – all in one test booklet. In addition to this test, when you submit answer sheets to us for scoring, the score report available for this test will also include subscoring in key content areas.
- High School Chemistry, 2023 (stock code: HS23)
- The newest exam for the sophomore-level high school chemistry course is available. In addition to this test, when you submit answer sheets to us for scoring, the score report available for this test will also include subscoring in key content areas.
Several new norms have been published. These include General-Organic-Biochemistry 2014, Physical Chemistry Modular 2014, Diagnostic of Undergraduate Chemical Knowledge 2018 (DUCK), Biochemistry 2017, General Chemistry-Brief 2018, and General Chemistry-Brief 2014.
Additionally, we expect to finalize norms soon on General Chemistry Conceptual 2016 and General Chemistry Paired Exams 2017 (first and second term) with new or updated preliminary norms available in throughout 2023 as well – the newest of these is Organic Chemistry First Term 2021.
Please consider providing student performance data to us for norm calculations!
Study materials available from ACS Exams
If you are preparing to take an ACS final exam, there are resources available from ACS Exams that may help you in your studying and preparation:
- General chemistry: study guide (first term/second term both included) and practice exams (first term and full year)
- Organic chemistry: study guide (first term/second term both included) and full year practice exams
- Analytical chemistry: practice exam
- Physical chemistry: study guide (both thermodynamics and quantum chemistry are included)
ACS Exams study materials are available year-round with study guides shipped directly to your home or campus and online practice exams available immediately after purchase. These include:
- Study guides with many items worked out and for practice,
- Online practice exams designed in a similar way to an ACS exam and provides you with a study report once completed, or
- A bundle of both the practice exam and study guide.
Your shipping options are (allowing 1 day for processing):
- Ground: 3-5 business days
- 2nd day: 2 business days
- Overnight: 1 business day
Tutorial practice exams are available for:
- General Chemistry, First Term
- Organic Chemistry, Full Year
Each exam has 50 items with feedback provided on each question. If a student is correct, they will be told so, but they also will be provided with the process to solve the question correctly (so they can compare to how they solved the problem). If the student is incorrect, they will be told so and be provided with possible difficulties they may have had, as well as how to solve the problem correctly.
All of this is then summarized in a report emailed to the student following exam submission. This summary includes for each question:
- The chapter and content from the ACS study guide
- The performance on the question
- The chapter and question number from the study guide of items that are the same as the question
- The chapter and question number from the study guide of items that are similar or use the same concept as the question
Visit here to purchase your practice exam today. For questions, please contact us at 800-854-1672.
Become an ACS Exams Postdoctoral Fellow
The ACS Examinations Institute regularly seeks Postdoctoral Research Associate(s) for a full-time, 12-month position with benefits that can begin on or near August 1st annually. Applications are evaluated on or before May 1st annually. Click here for more information and application details.