New Practice Exam with Feedback
We have been listening to your requests for a practice exam that provides instant feedback and results for each question. IT’S HERE – and you can purchase it NOW for $15.00 or through a bundle.
Tutorial practice exams are available for:
- General Chemistry, First Term
- Organic Chemistry, Full Year
Each exam has 50 items with feedback provided on each question. If a student is correct, they will be told so, but they also will be provided with the process to solve the question correctly (so they can compare to how they solved the problem). If the student is incorrect, they will be told so and be provided with possible difficulties they may have had, as well as how to solve the problem correctly.
All of this is then summarized in a report emailed to the student following exam submission. This summary includes for each question:
- The chapter and content from the ACS study guide
- The performance on the question
- The chapter and question number from the study guide of items that are the same as the question
- The chapter and question number from the study guide of items that are similar or use the same concept as the question
Visit here to purchase your practice exam today. For questions, please contact us at 800-854-1672.
New to ACS Exams in late 2021 and 2022:
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry, Full Year 2021 (available in two forms)
- General Chemistry, First Term 2021 (available in two forms)
- General Chemistry, Second Term 2021 (available in two forms)
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry, First Term 2021
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry Foundations, 2022 (for sophomore-level inorganic chemistry students)
- Physical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry, Comprehensive 2021 (full year exam unit)
- Physical Chemistry, Modular 2021 (full year exam in parts for combining as matches your course(s))
- Physical Chemistry, Thermodynamics 2021
- Physical Chemistry, Quantum Mechanics, 2021
- Coming soon:
- High School Chemistry, 2022
- General Chemistry, Conceptual 2022 (first-term, second-term and full year)
- Analytical Chemistry, 2022
- Inorganic Chemistry 2022 (senior-level)
- Organic Chemistry, Full Year 2023
Several new norms will be published soon. These include General Chemistry-First Term 2018, General-Organic-Biochemistry 2014, General Chemistry Conceptual 2016, Organic Chemistry 2017, and Organic Chemistry-First Term 2017 with new or updated preliminary norms available in throughout 2022 as well.
Please consider providing student performance data to us for norm calculations!
Study materials available from ACS Exams
If you are preparing to take an ACS final exam, there are resources available from ACS Exams that may help you in your studying and preparation:
- General chemistry: study guide (first term/second term both included) and practice exams (first term and full year)
- Organic chemistry: study guide (first term/second term both included) and full year practice exams
- Analytical chemistry: practice exam
- Physical chemistry: study guide (both thermodynamics and quantum chemistry are included)
ACS Exams study materials are available year-round with study guides shipped directly to your home or campus and online practice exams available immediately after purchase. These include:
- Study guides with many items worked out and for practice,
- Online practice exams designed in a similar way to an ACS exam and provides you with a study report once completed, or
- A bundle of both the practice exam and study guide.
Your shipping options are (allowing 1 day for processing):
- Ground: 3-5 business days
- 2nd day: 2 business days
- Overnight: 1 business day
ACS Exams in the news:
Capturing the efforts by ACS Exams to deliver non-secure testing during the spring and summer semesters to assist institutions, Chemical and Engineering News (C&EN) wrote a short news piece detailing these efforts.
NEW – Organic Chemistry Study Guide
This second edition of the Organic Chemistry Study Guide has many more items, a clear alignment to first term/second term courses and common textbooks.
Become an ACS Exams Postdoctoral Fellow
The ACS Examinations Institute regularly seeks Postdoctoral Research Associate(s) for a full-time, 12-month position with benefits that can begin on or near August 1st annually. Applications are evaluated on or before May 1st annually. Click here for more information and application details.