Whether the semester has been a blur or a slog for you, finals are just around the corner starting December 16th through the 23rd. It’s never too early to start preparing!Tips on Prepping for Finals:
- Review your syllabus and make a list. Find out what is required and when it is due.
- Prioritize your study time.
- Start studying now. Breaking your studying into smaller chunks will help you retain the material better.
- Take advantage of supports. Utilizing the Academic Success Center, Library, and Professors Review Sessions can give you the edge you need.
- Form a study group with other motivated students. Get a different perspective on material. Teaching helps with learning.
- Reduce your non-school responsibilities as much as you can during finals. Reduce your shifts, cut your hours.
- Take good care of yourself now by eating, sleeping, and hydrating. Get energized while you can!
- Have some social time before crunch time begins. Then schedule more time for after finals.
- Study with music, make your playlist now. Minimize distracting tasks for finals week.