UWM at Waukesha’s Career and Internship office offers a wide variety of helpful resources for students and area employers. The Career & Internship Coordinator is located in Student Development, office A117.
Student OpportunitiesWeekly Career Booth
Stop by the Career Booth from during the noon hour Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters in the Hub Hallway. Ask questions about your career, including resume writing, career exploration, jobs and internships. *socially distanced*
Spring 2021 Semester:
- WAK – Tuesdays, 1:30-2:30pm, The Hub
- WSH – Wednesdays, 10-11am, Front Entrance
Get free professional attire, thanks to generous donors. Open by request, Monday through Friday.
Schedule an appointment with our Career and Internship Program Coordinator for help with:
- Career exploration
- Job and internship searching
- Receiving credit for internships
- Resume and cover letter writing help
- Interview preparation
- Student employment
Spring 2021 EventsSpring 2021 Job & Internship Fair
- Wed., April 7th, 11:00am-2:00pm
- The fair will be held VIRTUALLY on the online platform, Handshake.
- Employers will be looking to recruit students for jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
- Before the fair:
- Register for the fair on Handshake – sign up for 1:1 and group sessions
- Update your Handshake profile
- Update and upload your resume to your Handshake account
- Mon., Apr. 5th & Tues., Apr. 6th, 11:30am-1:30pm
- Virtual via Collaborate Ultra
- Get help with your resume before the fair on Apr. 7th!
(ALL are virtual via Collaborate Ultra)
- Career & Major Exploration
- Tues., Feb. 9th & Wed., Mar. 3rd, 12:00-12:50pm
- Internships 101
- Wed., Mar. 17th, 12:00-12:50pm
- Prepare for Our Virtual Fair
- Wed., March 31st, 12:00-12:50pm
- Career & Major Exploration
- Wed., Apr. 21st, 12:00-12:50pm
- Virtual via Zoom
Employer Spotlight: Set up a display table on campus from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. and connect with students to share information about your organization and opportunities. Gold sponsors of our Job and Internship Fair are invited to participate in these spotlights, scheduled two times each semester. Currently canceled due to COVID-19.
Job and Internship Fair: Attend this biannual event, which brings up to 50 area employers on campus to connect with students and increase awareness of your organization. Register online on Handshake. This year’s event will be VIRTUAL on Wed., April 7th, 11am-2pm.
Job Shadow Program: Host a student for the day to show what your profession is all about. Job shadowing is one of the best ways for students to explore careers.
Informational Interview Contact: Have a student who is interested in your field of work interview you about your career pathway.
Job and Internship Posting: Visit Handshake to post job and internship opportunities.
2021 Featured EmployersEducationNon-Profit
Have questions about events and recruiting UWM at Waukesha students? Reach out to the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver.