UWM at Waukesha’s Career and Internship office offers a wide variety of helpful resources for students and area employers. The Career & Internship Coordinator is located in Student Development, office A117.
Student OpportunitiesCareer Booth
Stop by the Career Booth from during the noon hour Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters in the Hub Hallway. Ask questions about your career, including resume writing, career exploration, jobs and internships. *socially distanced*
Get free professional attire, thanks to generous donors. Open by request, Monday through Friday.
Schedule an appointment with our Career and Internship Program Coordinator for help with:
- Career exploration
- Job and internship searching
- Receiving credit for internships
- Resume and cover letter writing help
- Interview preparation
- Student employment
Fall 2020 Career Events
- Wednesday, September 16th | 12-12:50pm | Virtual
- Tuesday, October 13th | 12-12:50pm | Virtual
- Wednesday, September 30th | 12-12:50pm | Virtual
- Monday, October 5th | 11:30am-1:30pm
- Tuesday, October 6th | 11:30am-1:30pm
- Wednesday, October 7th | 11am-2pm
Employer Spotlight: Set up a display table on campus from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. and connect with students to share information about your organization and opportunities. Gold sponsors of our Job and Internship Fair are invited to participate in these spotlights, scheduled two times each semester.
- Fall 2020 Employer Spotlight dates are TBD
Job and Internship Fair: Attend this biannual event, which brings up to 50 area employers on campus to connect with students and increase awareness of your organization. Register online on Handshake.
- Fall 2020 fair date: Wednesday, October 7th, 11am-2pm
- Due to COVID-19, our fair will be held virtually this fall via Handshake.
Job Shadow Program: Host a student for the day to show what your profession is all about. Job shadowing is one of the best ways for students to explore careers.
Informational Interview Contact: Have a student who is interested in your field of work interview you about your career pathway.
Job and Internship Posting: Visit Handshake to post job and internship opportunities.
Have questions about events and recruiting UWM at Waukesha students? Reach out to the Career and Internship Program Coordinator, Alex Lawver.