The recent incident at the Waukesha Parade has had its impact felt throughout our area. Whether you were directly impacted or only know of it as a news story, it has had a rippling effect through the campus community.Now is a time to think about how YOU are feeling. It is not uncommon to be tired or fatigued, mentally or physically after an event such as this. Your sleep patterns or appetite may be changed. You might find yourself getting irritated or sad more easily.What can you do about this?
- Put an emphasis on taking care of yourself.
- Stay hydrated and eat healthy foods.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Focus on establishing a regular sleep and wake cycle.
- It is also important to not isolate.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Call someone you haven’t spoken with in a while.
If you are finding that this has not been enough consider reaching out to professionals for support. CGS students can utilize counseling services through school. Appointments can be set up by email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.