What is Wisconsin’s Voter ID requirement?
Registered voters must present an acceptable form of photo identification at their polling place. Acceptable forms of ID include a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, Wisconsin state ID, U.S. passport, U.S. Uniformed Services card, Veterans Affairs ID, tribal ID or Certificate of Naturalization.
Does the address on my ID need to match my current address?
No, the address on your ID does not matter. The purpose of presenting your ID at the polls is to prove your identity. Poll workers only check the ID photo, name and expiration date.
Are there any forms of photo ID I can’t use?
Yes. The following are not acceptable forms of voter ID in Wisconsin:
- A state or federal government employee ID
- An out-of-state driver license or identification card
- An employment ID
- A membership or organization ID
- A certificate of citizenship
What if I don’t have an acceptable form of photo ID?
Students at the main campus can get a free UW-Milwaukee voter ID card at Panther Card Services, Student Union Room 143.
Students at the Washington County campus can get a free voter ID card at the Student Affairs/Solution Center office.
Students at the Waukesha campus can get a free voter ID card at the campus library.
At your polling place, you must also present a Proof of Enrollment letter, which can be printed from the “Academics” section of your PAWS account.
Generating a PDF of your Proof of Enrollment letter
If you are generating a PDF of your Proof of Enrollment letter on your iPhone and are receiving an error, please follow the instructions below.
- Visit the affected site in Safari.
- Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.
- Tap Request Desktop Site.
- The website will then reload as its desktop version.
If you are generating a PDF of your Proof of Enrollment letter on your Android device and are receiving an error, please follow the instructions below.
- Visit the affected site in Chrome
- Open the menu
- Check the box located next to “Request desktop site”
- The web page will automatically reload