The following are within the scope of UWM’s UWM Shared Hosting service:
- Applications designed, and run, by University affiliated departments utilizing recommended development techniques within the UWM Shared Hosting Developer documentation.
- Applications approved by the UWM Shared Hosting administration team for use by University affiliated departments.
- Development Environment – For use in creating applications and conducting significant enhancements on applications. This environment can also be used as a test bed for innovation and discovery in regard to custom web applications.
- Beta Environment – For use in testing application changes in a non-production environment that closely matches production environment.
- Production Environment – For use in hosting live UWM Shared Hosting applications and performing ongoing, routine site content updates and editorial changes.
The following are outside the scope of UWM’s UWM Shared Hosting service:
- UWM.edu top level content (e.g. UWM homepage, university-wide marketing and communication pages).
- UWM branded division/school/college/departmental websites.
- Hosting of personal sites (including sites UWM Professional sites – named after ePantherIDs).
- Storage and archiving of digital assets not optimized for web and mobile and not part of University sites and blogs.
- Student organization sites and blogs.
- Site-specific versions or configurations of shared server components.
- Application dependencies not authorized by the UWM Shared Hosting administrative team.
- UWM.edu subdomain-hosted websites.
To learn about university IT services to meet use cases outside the scope of UWM Shared Hosting, visit: http://uwm.edu/technology