Applications for Fall 2022 will be accepted starting October 1, 2021.
Earn your master’s in public health and social work at UW-Milwaukee. The dual degree program provides advanced, interdisciplinary education for students in both public health and social work.
The coordinated program will equip students with the knowledge base and skill sets to address the effects of social, economic and health disparities on the well-being of individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
These dually trained MPW/MSW graduates will be uniquely positioned to address critical health issues in a variety of settings, including community-based organizations, health care systems, health departments, practice, social service agencies and academic settings.
- Students will be admitted to the MPH-MSW program in the fall semester only.
- Coordinated degree program students must be enrolled full-time and will complete the program in an average of three years.
- The total credits for the coordinated program will be completed in both programs at the same time, rather than one program after the other.
- The coordinated program includes 45-48 credits in Public Health and for students with a BSW, 34 credits in Social Work.
- For students without a BSW or otherwise needing the Social Work foundation coursework, the coordinated program will require the completion of 45-48 credits in Public Health and a total of 56 credits in Social Work.
- In addition to the Social Work field placement, students gain practical experience through a combined Social Work and Public Health internship.
- Required application materials:
3 letters of recommendation
- Applications for Fall 2022 will be accepted starting October 1, 2021. The application is an online and automated process through the UW-Milwaukee Graduate School at this link.
- The deadline to apply is Friday, April 15, 2022.
- Prospective applicants can find information about the required references, narrative statement, and resume at the links below.
- Information about required references for MPH and MSW application
- Information about resume and narrative statement required for MPH and MSW application