Educating social work and criminal justice students since 1965
Essential to social welfare in Milwaukee and the state of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s Helen Bader School of Social Welfare promotes excellence in its degree programs and develops well-rounded, thoughtful individuals who can positively impact society.
The school supports an array of community-based research initiatives through collaborations with local agencies and offers extensive experiential learning opportunities for students.
- Amillia Heredia: Heading Student Government While Earning a Master’s DegreeAmillia Heredia chose UWM out of the five colleges she applied to because she felt it … Read more
- Advising Sessions Available to Assist Cardinal Stritch StudentsThe Helen Bader School of Social Welfare faculty and advisors are available to discuss transfer options, … Read more
- Assistant Professor Lentz Researches Milwaukee County Criminal Legal System DataStory and photo by Devin Blake / Milwaukee Neighborhood News Service A new data project about … Read more
- MPD Chief Receives Distinguished Alumni Achievement AwardCriminal Justice alumnus (BS '96) and Milwaukee Police Department Chief Jeffrey Norman received the 2023 Distinguished … Read more
- Asian Faculty and Staff Association Honors Social Work Grad StudentHelen Bader School of Social Welfare Dean Tina Freiburger and social work graduate student Choua Vang. … Read more
- Jun8June 8, 2023, 9:00am - 11:30am