Traineeships with full tuition available for BSW majors and pre-majors
This program prepares students for employment in two area agencies:
- The Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services (DMCPS)
- The Youth and Family Services Division of the Racine County Human Services Dept. (RCHSD)
You are eligible if you:
- are a social work major or pre-major,
- will graduate no earlier than December 2019 and no later than May 2020,
- agree to accept employment with DMCPS or RCHSD after graduation, if offered.
Those selected will receive full tuition and fees, plus a book allowance. This assistance will be provided for up to four semesters.
To apply you must submit the BSW application form by Friday, January 18, 2019. You must also submit a resume, a personal statement explaining your interest, and one letter of reference from a work supervisor or previous instructor.
You may be asked to interview with one or both agencies before final decisions are made. Decisions will be made in time to reimburse your tuition for the Spring 2019 semester. If selected, you will complete your field placement requirements with the agency.