Purchase Card Statement Storage/Audit
SSC is responsible for monitoring all Purchase Card statements for their respective hub population. Items approved through the Streamline Purchase Card Statement Storage Process will be saved to the SharePoint storage site. A high-level audit will occur to ensure statements are received within the required timeframes and appropriate documentation is attached for expenses.
Purchasing Card Statement and Supporting Documents Submission Procedure
Please note: This procedure is a mandatory part of the PCard Statement Submission process. Failure to comply with this process may result in loss of credit limit, per the discretion of your PCard Admin. Your UBR is your first point of contact for any issues.
1. Prepare Your Documents
US Bank Statement and Supporting Documents
- Scan or download an electronic copy of your US Bank statement.
- Scan or download electronic copies of all receipts, invoices, and other documents that support the purchases.
The business purpose for each item on your US Bank statement must be clearly explained. You can:
- Write the business purpose on the statement.
- Use the purchasing log spreadsheet (PCard-Log-Template.xlsx) to record the business purpose.
- Use the business purpose section within the submission form to enter the information for each line item.
2. Supporting Documents No-No’s
Examples of information that should not be uploaded to the SharePoint site (or must be redacted if they appear in any supporting document) include:
- Social security numbers
- Bank account / routing numbers
- Medical information
- Full credit card account numbers
- Account balances, payment histories, credit ratings, income histories
- Driver’s license information
- Employee or Student ID numbers
- FERPA-protected information
- Any other information that could cause embarrassment or harm to an individual or the institution if inadvertently released
3. Submit Your US Bank Statement and Supporting Documents
Once you have your US Bank statement and supporting documents in an electronic format, you are ready to submit your documents for approval and storage within the campus purchasing card storage site.
- Log in – With your UWM ePanther Credentials.
- UWM Employee – Type in the name / ePanther ID and choose the correct employee.
- School/College/Division – Choose your school, college, or division from the dropdown list.
- Department – Choose your department from the dropdown list.
- Purchasing Card Number – Enter the last four digits of the purchasing card.
- Statement Date – Choose the correct US Bank statement date from the dropdown list.
- Statement Total – Enter the total from the statement. (Do not include the $ sign)
- Statement – Upload your US Bank statement. (May also upload the purchasing log if you created a separate file)
- Supporting Documents – Upload all supporting documents. (e.g. receipts, invoices, travel itinerary, etc.)
- Approvers – Start typing in the name of the person / people who need to approve your statement and choose the correct one(s). It does not matter in which order you add multiple Approvers, Approvers can approve the documents in any order.
- Purchase Log – If you have not written the business purpose on the statement or included an uploaded purchase log, you may use this section to enter the business purpose for each line item on your US Bank statement.
- Comments/Notes – This is optional and should be used to include any additional information that might clarify something within the US Bank statement.
Once done, click Submit to move your statement and supporting documents on to your approver(s). You are now finished unless your approver(s) return the statement back to you because of missing documents, further clarification needed, or anything else that would cause them to not be able to approve your US Bank statement at this time.
Important Purchasing Card Links