We are here to:
- Assist employees to understand policies and effectively use internal procedures
- Offer advice to supervisors and employees regarding employment-related matters
- Provide confidential consultation regarding workplace issues
- Facilitate dialogue on employee/employer issues
- Oversee and conduct training and development initiatives on HR policies
- Coordinate procedures on employee grievances
- Coordinate investigative procedures on administrative complaints
Conduct investigations and grievance hearings; Provide reports on discrimination, complaints & disciplinary matters. Advise employees, managers and leadership on policies and procedures.
In collaboration with the Office of Global Inclusion & Engagement, provide professional development on awareness & appreciation of diversity/equity principles & practices.
Affirmative Action Plans
Create, draft and/or prepare annual Diversity Assessment Report (DAR) on behalf of the Shared Services units served. Submit report for data reconciliation.
Provide advice and leadership for the study of departmental climate issues. The University of Milwaukee-Wisconsin is committed to diversity and inclusion and providing an environment free of discrimination and harassment in which all students, staff and faculty may contribute and thrive.
Workplace climate is an important component in maintaining our strong sense of community, collegiality and support for all of our UWM members. We expect all members of our community to model behavior necessary to create an inclusive and respectful climate for all.