Charging Tax

Purchases by Wisconsin governmental units, including the University of Wisconsin System, are generally exempt from Wisconsin Sales and Use Tax, and may be exempt from tax in other states.  Those that use their Pcard to make purchases, issues orders or contract for services, or travel or arrange travel for others, are expected to request and receive Wisconsin sales tax exemption for business related expenses in Wisconsin and where reciprocal agreements are in place.  The University’s Wisconsin Sales and Use tax exemption number (Certificate of Exempt Status) is 040706.