Types of financial aid

Sources of financial aid to help you pay for college include the following:

  • Scholarships are a type of gift aid and need to be repaid. Learn more.
  • Grants are gift aid and, in most cases, do not have to be repaid if the enrollment period is completed. Learn more.
  • Loans are funding that must be repaid. Learn more.
  • Federal work-study provides part-time employment to degree-seeking students with financial need. Learn more.
  • Part-time work opportunities are available at UWM and in the City of Milwaukee. Learn more.