- RESERVE -Textbooks – Models – Videos
- EQUIPMENT – Cameras – Laptops – Audio Recorders – Hard Drives, etc.
- MEDIA – DVDs – VHS – Video Games
- STREAMING VIDEO – Library Subscriptions and Free Services
- BROWSING COLLECTION (new Books)
- MICROTEXT and NEWSPAPERS
SPACES (2 Hour Use)
- RECORDING BOOTH – A small sound reduced booth with a table and chair for recording video, skyping an interview, or recording a voiceover.
- MEDIA VIEWING ROOM- Contains a Green Screen, large screen TV and video equipment. There is a green screen in the Media Viewing Room that can be used as a background during a video recording. The green screen can be replaced during the editing process in iMovie with any kind of background. Green Screen iMovie Handout
- DISTRACTION FREE ROOM – (WB48) – Multi-use small room – has a tabletop USB microphone and sound screen. Available on a walk-in or reservation basis via phone at 414-229-4673 or the online form.
- TYPEWRITER – Available in the last open study carrel along the wall behind the DVDs in the Media and Reserve study area.
- SCANNER – A large flatbed scanner is available to scan or print to WEPA. Flatbed Scanning Instructions
iMovie (MAC): One of the simplest programs available for basic editing. iMovie is great for someone just learning the basics of editing, allowing for some special effects and transitions. iMovie Handout
Adobe Premiere (Windows/MAC): This program is quickly becoming the most popular in the industry. It’s simple for beginners, but has hundreds of specialties for an advanced editor to master. Premiere is often used to complete professional films and commercials, as well as basic school projects or compilations. Premiere has a fantastic titling tool, allowing the editor to quickly, efficiently, and creatively add titles to their project. Premiere does not allow for multiple editors to work on the same project, or create some of the cutting edge effects.Adobe Premier Instructions
Adobe After Effects (Windows/Mac) This program is huge. It allows for so much creative control, but it is extremely unforgiving and difficult for beginners. After Effects is best used for special effects rather than actually editing a video, as most editors will make the effect here, then export it into a separate Premiere timeline. Adobe After Effects Instructions
Recording audio voice-over for a PowerPoint Slideshow: You can add narrations and timings to a PowerPoint slide show with a headset microphone. Audio for PowerPoint Slideshow handout.
Recording audio voice-over for a Keynote Slideshow on a Mac. Instructions for Keynote Software to create Presentations with Audio Video
ONLINE EDITING TUTORIALS
Video tutorials available through Lynda.com include:
Final Cut Pro
Windows Movie Maker
Go to Lynda.com and click the Log in link in the upper right corner.
In the pop-up window that appears, click the Organizational Login button and enter www.uwm.edu as your organization and click the Go button.
You’ll be forwarded to the 1Login page; enter your ePanther ID and password, you’ll be redirected to the Lynda site.
Equipment circulates for 7 days (No Renewals/some equipment may circulate for 2 days)
DVDs/Audiobooks/Blu-Rays/Games/Videotapes circulate for 2 weeks
Reserve items vary depending how they were put on Reserve: 2-hour, 2-day or 7-day.
FINES AND FEES
|Laptops, Digital Cameras, Audio Recorders, Tablets; Projector, Tripods, Webcam, Hard-Drives, CD-Drives||
$5 per hour
|Cables, Adapters, Windscreens, Headphones, Earmuffs, Calculators, Smartphone Adapters, computer mice, surge protectors, SD card adapters||
$1 per hour
|2-hour Reserve items||
$.50 per hour
|2-day and 7-day Reserve items||
$1 per day
Contact the Media and Reserve Library:
Hours of Operation link – The Media and Reserve Library circulation counter closes 15 minutes before the floor closes.