Subscription Streaming Services
The library subscribes to several streaming media services including Swank, Smithsonian Global Sound, and Overdrive. The full list of subscription streaming services and active trials is available through the Databases A-Z listing.
The UWM Libraries mediates all new leases. You will need to make a request to access new Kanopy titles. The Kanopy FAQ has more details on how to access titles we already lease to and how to request new titles.
Note: Kanopy videos might not work correctly in Chrome. Use Firefox or Safari if this occurs.
OverDrive allows up to 5 concurrent loans of audio and eBook titles.
Free Streaming Services
The websites listed below are just a selected number of websites that offer free streaming. Inclusion on the list is not an endorsement of the service or its contents. Some services may offer a free trial or require creating free account to access.
- American Archive of Public Radio
- Avant-garde Project (AGP) – collection of recordings of 20th-century classical, experimental, and electroacoustic music
- Cylinder Preservation and Digitization Project at UC Santa Barbara (UCSB Library’s online archive of cylinder recordings)
- Discovering Music: Listening Library (BBC3)
- Internet Archive: Audio Archive
- Second Hand Songs– trace the cover versions of a song