- Associate Professor, History
PhD, American Studies, University of Texas at Austin, 2007
|HIST 152-201||American History: 1877 to the Present||No Meeting Pattern|
|HIST 398-001||Honors Seminar: American Mixed Race||MW 1pm-2:15pm|
- Hist 150 - Multicultural America
- Hist 200 - The Civil Rights Movement in America
- Hist 270 - Mixed-Race Identity in American Culture
- Hist 398 - American Mixed Race
- Hist 404 - The Hip-Hop Generation
- Hist 600 - Race Relations in America
- Hist 800 - Racial Thinking in the United States
- Hist 900 - Race in the United States
- Mixed-race identity and representation
- Civil rights history
- Popular culture
- Mixed race identity and representation
- Racial science
- Popular culture
- Coordinator, History Caucus, Critical Mixed Race Studies Association
- Member, Minority Scholars’ Committee, American Studies Association
- Coordinator, Mixed Race Studies Reading Group, UWM Member, Program Committee, Critical Mixed Race Studies Association
- Chair, University Awards and Recognition Committee, UWM
Carter, Gregory T.“Race and Citizenship” Oxford University Press Handbook on American Immigration and EthnicityEd. Bayor, Ronald H.New York, NY: Oxford University Press. (2016): 166-182.
Carter, Gregory T.“By Casta, Color Wheel, and Computer Graphics: Visual Representations of Racially Mixed People” Race and the Obama Phenomenon: The Vision of a More Perfect Multiracial UnionEd. Daniel, G. R., and Williams, Hettie V.Jackson, MS: University of Mississippi Press. (2015).
Carter, Gregory T.“The United States of the United Races: A Rejoinder” Ethnic and Racial Studies37.10 (2014): 1857-1861.
Carter, Gregory T.“Key Moments: Census 2000” Encyclopedia of American Reform MovementsEd. McKivigan, John R., and Kaufman, Heather. New York, NY: Facts on File. (2013).
Carter, Gregory T.The United States of the United Races: The History of a Utopian IdeaNew York, NY: NYU Press. 2013.
Carter, Gregory T.“Teaching Race through Fiction and Memoir: Anatole Broyard’s Kafka Was the Rage: A Greenwich Village Memoir” Journal of American Ethnic History32.1 Ed. Bukowczyk, John J.(2012): 101-106.
Carter, Gregory T.“Review of White Enough to be American?: Race Mixing, Indigenous People, and the Boundaries of State and Nation, Lauren L. Basson” Journal of American Ethnic History28.4 (2009): 141-143.
Carter, Gregory T.“‘A Shplit Ticket, Half Irish, Half Chinay’: Representations of Mixed-Race and Hybridity in Turn-of-the-Century Theater” Ethnic Studies Review31.1 (2008): 32-54.
Carter, Gregory T.“From Blaxploitation to Mixploitation: Mixed-Race, Male Leads and Changing Black Identities” Mixed Race HollywoodEd. Fojas, Camilla, and Beltrán, Mary C.New York: NYU Press. (2008): 203-220.