The UWM Graduate School will host their New Graduate Student Orientation on Thursday, August 26th, 2021. The event will be hosted virtually from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Orientation is designed to serve as a general overview of topics related to graduate student life at UWM.
The Graduate School’s orientation is different from any new graduate student orientation that may be offered by your academic program. Please check with your department for program-specific information.
New Graduate Student Orientation Agenda
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Main Presentation – Welcome to Graduate School
- Welcome – Chancellor Mark Mone
- Welcome – Johannes Britz, Provost & Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Welcome – Marija Gajdardziska-Josifovska, Dean of the Graduate School
- Keys to Success – Jason Puskar, Associate Dean of the Graduate School
- Campus Resources
- Michelle Schoenecker, Office of Sponsored Programs
- Jason Katte, University Counseling Service’s Assistant Director
- Khrys Fu’Qua, Director of Graduate Diversity & Inclusion
Please check out our Graduate Resource page for all resources on campus that are here to support you during your graduate education experience! Graduate School and Campus Resources