- PhD, Classics, Stanford 1971
- BA, Georgetown 1965
Classical languages and literature; mythology; Great Books of classical antiquity, Homer, Herodotus, Thucydides, Plato, Aristotle.
- Classics 170: Classical Mythology
- Classics 201: Introduction to Greek Life and Literature
- Classics 301: Herodotus and the Dramatists
- Classics 302: War and Politics in Ancient Greece
Classical languages and literature; English translation of Greek and Latin poetry; archaic Greek history; the history of the later Roman Republic; selected works of Plato and Aristotle.
Other Relevant Activities
Moderator, Great Books Roundtable Discussions
Director, Certificate Program in the Study of the Liberal Arts
Board of Directors, National Association of Scholars