The Community Leaders Internship Program builds connections between local businesses and nonprofit organizations and develops natural pathways for student employment in the Milwaukee area. Through this program UWM employer partners hire UWM students in part-time internship positions with wages supplemented by federal work-study dollars. Depending on organization type and total student earnings, the supplemented wage is between 50% and 75% of earnings. Typically, students in the program work 8 to 12 hours per week for an entire academic year, and earn between $10 and $14.50 per hour.
UWM supports partners in developing intern job roles and descriptions, provides orientation and ongoing logistical support to partners, and creates on-campus structures to support student learning and professional development. Employer partners serve as intern supervisors and mentors. For more information please browse the materials below or contact Elise Jaffee at email@example.com.
- Employer Information Session Presentation
- Information Session Recording
- Federal Work-Study Information Sheet
- Partnership Request Form
- Financial Contract Large For-Profit Employer
- Financial Contract Nonprofit, Public Agency, or Small For-Profit Employer
- Size Standards for For-Profit Business
- Federal Work-Study Position Description Template
- CLIP Supervisor Appraisal Form
- CLIP Student Self Appraisal
- CLIP Manual
- CLIP Partner Meeting Recording
- CLIP Partner Meeting Power Point Slides
Steps for Partnership