Already have a Handshake Account? Log in here!
Handshake is UWM’s comprehensive employment platform and allows you to:
- View and apply for on-campus and off-campus jobs and internships
- Register for career fairs and other career-related events
- Post career related questions for employers to answer
- Receive updates from the Career Planning and Resource Center
- Create job search alerts to be notified when new positions are posted
- Go to
- Click on “Sign up for an account” on the left side
- Click on the “Student/Alumni” button
- Select “Register for a new account”
- Complete the required information
- Click “Submit”
- Watch your email for a message from Handshake to verify your email address
- After verifying your email, please allow 2-3 business days for your account to be approved
Handshake, provides you the opportunity to enhance your brand and connect with UWM students and alumni. On Handshake your position is visible to UWM’s 28,000 students and 150,000 alumni, and it is free for employers!
Please visit Post a Job/Internship to get started.
AVOID JOB SCAMS
In addition to the hundreds of great opportunities from legitimate employers listed on Handshake, we unfortunately see occasional fraudulent postings as well.
Though we monitor incoming postings, it is important that students carefully review job postings for signs of fraud.
Red Flags May Include:
- Job offers without an interview
- Requests for confidential information such bank account numbers
- Requirements to send money or deposit/receive money prior to employment
For more information: Detect and Avoid Job Scams
If you are in doubt about an opportunity, don’t hesitate to contact the Career Planning and Resource Center at 414-229-4486 or email@example.com
*Requires Handshake Log-in*