How to Detect and Avoid Job Scams: Avoiding Job Scams
Whether you’re looking for a:
- job while you go to school on or off campus
- internship or getting related work experience before you graduate
- professional position
…start with determining what is most important to you such as:
- money, hours, making friends, gaining specific skills, location, …
- will it help you get scholarships, into higher level classes, or graduate programs
- will it make you more marketable when you graduate?
…then use all of these strategies to find opportunities
- Advertised Positions: Use PantherJobs, and other job posting sites, organization websites, and printed posting e.g. newsletters, job boards, and professional journals.
- Direct Marketing: Reach out to organizations instead of waiting for advertised positions
- Networking: attend formal events and access the power of friends and families to uncover and connect to hidden options.
Where ever you’re at in the process, use our resources to increase the efficiency of your search and to also learn about creative approaches to the process you might not otherwise think about.