How to Detect and Avoid Job Scams:
Whether you’re looking for a:
- job while you go to school on or off campus
- internship or getting related work experience before you graduate
- professional position
…start with determining what is most important to you such as:
- money, hours, making friends, gaining specific skills, location, …
- will it help you get scholarships, into higher level classes, or graduate programs
- will it make you more marketable when you graduate?
…then use all of these strategies to find opportunities
- Advertised Positions: Use Handshake, and other job posting sites, organization websites, and printed posting e.g. newsletters, job boards, and professional journals.
- Direct Marketing: Reach out to organizations instead of waiting for advertised positions
- Networking: attend formal events and access the power of friends and families to uncover and connect to hidden options.
We’re Here For You!
Career Advising Appts
Schedule an in-person or virtual appointment: