- Send a Thank You Note: Write a brief letter or email thanking the employer for their time, the opportunity to meet with them, the chance to present yourself and learn more about the company, and the chance to be considered. An Example can be found in the link
- CONNECT: Connect with the employer and the people who interviewed you. Use LinkedIn to connect with the people you met with and establish a professional relationship you can utilize in the future.
- Follow-up: Reach out via email or phone (whichever is most convenient for the employer)
- Reconnect and ask about the decision timeline
- Offer further information and availability for follow-up
- Thank the employer again for the opportunity
- Stop Job Hunting: Keep looking for more opportunities, openings, interviews, and chances to make an employment connection
- Burn Bridges: No matter what happens, remain positive in your communication and with regards to talking about the employer, interview, etc. Even if things don’t work out, you may make a critical connection for use in the future.
- Place too Much Importance on One Job or Interview: Don’t put all your eggs in one basket they say; don’t put too much pressure on yourself or on one opportunity, keep looking and working towards your goal no matter what happens.
We’re Here For You!
Career Advising Appts
Schedule an in-person or virtual appointment: