Graduate School or Professional School
If you are considering attending graduate or professional school, it is important that you have a clear understanding of how earning a graduate degree will help you reach your career goals. Granted, there are professions requiring or prefer advance degrees. Graduate or professional school requires planning, exploring your career options, knowledge of deadline dates for admission tests and submission of application materials. Graduate school education will require a large amount of your time and financial expenses. If you have questions or doubts about attending graduate or professional school, visit the Career Planning and Resource Center to get help with making the most informed decision.
Before making the decision to attend graduate or professional school, ask yourself:
- How interested am I in this field/career/program?
- Is a graduate degree required for my career choice?
- Will my career options and salary be better with a graduate degree?
- Is it better for me to work a few years after graduation?
- Can I handle the financial obligations of graduate school?
- What are the entrance requirements for admission to graduate or professional programs of my choice?
- Have I talked with professors, or professionals about their graduate school experience?