UW-Milwaukee Virtual Diversity Career Fair
February 24 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Diversity Career Fair is a great way to meet with employers seeking UWM students and alumni for full-time employment, internships and some part-time employment opportunities.
This a virtual career fair that will be hosted through the Handshake platform by the Career Planning and Resource Center.
How to Register and Participate:
- We highly recommend you complete your Handshake profile. Employers view profiles of students who register for their sessions.
- Be sure to set your profile visibility to Community in the Settings and Privacy Section so employers can engage with you during the fair.
Register for the Fair
Access the registration link above for a fair above.
Sign-Up for Employer Sessions
Sign-up as soon as possible, however, check back regularly as employers may add sessions closer to the day of the fair.
Two types of employer sessions:
- 10-minute one-on-one sessions: Only you and the employer. Be prepared for your session – research the company, craft an elevator pitch, reflect on skills to talk about, and have questions to ask the employer.
- 30-minute group sessions: Employers present on their organization and career opportunities. You can ask questions during these sessions.
Before the Fair
- Research companies that you have scheduled sessions with.
- Craft and practice your elevator pitch and update your resume.
- Identify questions to ask the employer.
- Determine what to wear – professional attire recommended!
- Set the scene. Your backdrop should be clean and professional, the lighting appropriate, and the environment distraction-free. Do a test video call with a friend!
Get Support On The Day of The Fair: