This is the “before event content”
- This event has passed.
2022 Panther Pitch
October 20, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Hey UWM! Got an Idea? First timers AND experienced pitchers are invited to share ideas and compete for awards.
First time pitchers will be able to work closely with professionals from Y.E.S., Northwestern Mutual, and others who have launched a start-up business venture to develop an impactful pitch. Later, three winners will be selected for the Entry Level competition.
For those who have more experience delivering pitches, it is strongly recommended to submit additional information in the registration and compete separately for a larger prize. Participants are competing for: First place, Second place, Third place. Experience Level pitchers will start by participating in their pitch competition, then they will take part in the workshop to help the Entry Level pitchers with their pitches. This group will be notified that they qualify for the advanced competition one week before the event via phone and email.
Refreshments will be provided.
- Thursday, October 20th, 2022:
- Welcome/Sponsor Introductions
- Pitching and Listening – Experience Level Competition
- Interactive Pitching Workshop
- Pitching and Listening – Entry Level Competition
- Winner Announcement
- Reflection and Close
- Any UWM student is eligible to compete.
- Pitch levels will be determined based on the amount of experience and materials provided in the registration form.
- Each pitch is MAX of 2 minutes.
- You must address these items:
- an introduction of yourself/team
- who your customer is
- what the problem is and what your solution(s) is/are
- what steps youʼll take in the next 30 days
Questions? Please contact Monique Alcantar (email@example.com) from the Black Student Cultural Center or Tiera Hammond-Trammell (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Lubar Entrepreneurship Center.
The Pitch In at Light Speed Competition is powered by: UWM Black Student Cultural Center, UWM Lubar Entrepreneurship Center
This is the after event content.