For a JAMS major, students must complete the following:
- 36 total JAMS credits (18 credits at 300-level or above)
- JAMS 101: Introduction to Mass Media
- JAMS 201: Media Writing
- 6-9 credits of Additional Any-Level JAMS Electives
- One of three concentrations:
- 3-6 credits of Additional Upper Level JAMS Electives
- JAMS 559: Freedom of Expression in the Digital Age
- A 600-level JAMS course with “Seminar” in the title
- 12 total credits of an Outside Specialty (6 credits at 300-level or above)
Current requirements effective Fall 2016+.
For Fall 2008-Summer 2016, please click here.
For pre-2008 requirements, please see your PAWS account or the JAMS office.