We provide comprehensive training and assistance for a variety of health, social service, and community-based family support organizations. Our specialized focus on supporting home visitors, their supervisors, and program managers has positively impacted the industry of Home Visiting in the state of Wisconsin for more than 20 years. Registration for training is available to professionals statewide at a low cost to ensure access for programs with a variety of resources and funding.
Our Course Descriptions page has detailed information on the content of the individual trainings we offer. To learn about specific dates and times of training opportunities for professionals, please visit our PDS Online System or view the Home Visiting Training Calendar.
What training do I need?
A training plan is often developed based on multiple factors:
- Program/Agency requirements
- Assessment/ screening tool requirements
- Topics of interest
- Areas for needed development
- Professional competencies
Core Competencies for Home Visitors and Early Childhood Family Support Professionals
What competencies do home visitors need to work with families with young children? Click on any of the following links to learn about the skills Family Support Professionals use in their roles.
- Infant Mental Health Competencies Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health
- Early Collaborating Partners Wisconsin Core Competencies for Professionals Working with Young Children & Their Families. (English) (Spanish)
- Wisconsin Core Competencies for Family Support Professionals. Child Abuse & Neglect Prevention Board.
Communities of Practice
Coaching calls – sessions with
Use of supporting resources