Alyssa Sheeran, PhD
Alyssa Sheeran is a senior lecturer at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She recently completed her dissertation, Examining the Influence of Individual and Neighborhood Characteristics on Jail Recidivism through the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Dr. Sheeran's research interests focus on individual- and neighborhood-level influences on recidivism, sentencing disparities in the criminal justice system, adult drug treatment courts, and perceptions of the police. She has partnered with several criminal justice agencies, and is currently working on a project to evaluate the Milwaukee County Adult Drug Treatment Court.
Dr. Sheeran has published several articles in criminal justice journals and is the coauthor of Teaching Research Methods. She has also presented her work at several regional and national conferences.
- Ph.D., Social Welfare, UW-Milwaukee, 2020
- M.S., Criminal Justice, UW-Milwaukee, 2015
B.S., Criminal Justice, UW-Milwaukee, 2012
- Individual- and neighborhood-level influences on recidivism
- Disparities in the criminal justice system
- Adult drug treatment courts
- Perceptions of the police