Vital Directions for Health and Health Care: Priorities for 2021 initiative. This initiative provides expert guidance on US health policy focus areas, including health care for older adults. Visit nam.edu/VitalDirections to read the policy priorities that can help improve the care and quality of life for all older adults in the article “Actualizing Better Health and Health Care for Older Adults,” co-authored by Dr. Galambos.
Dr. Galambos leading a public session for the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine’s consensus study committee on Social Isolation and Loneliness in Older Adults: Opportunities for the Health Care System.
The mission of the Helen Bader Office of Applied Gerontology is to promote optimal aging and strengthen connections with community partners by advancing opportunities in gerontology education, research and training for students, faculty, and the community.
- Applied Gerontology Home Page
- Graduate Certificate in
- Helen Bader Age and Community Scholarship
- Irene Frye Scholarship for Gerontology
- Student Gerontology Association
- Career Opportunities
- Faculty and Alumni Profiles
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day Event
- Community and Educational Resources
- Galambos, C.M., Greene, R. R., Cohen, H.L., & Kropf, N.P. (2018). Foundations of social work practice in the field of aging: A competency-based approach (2nd ed). Washington, D.C.: NASW.
- Greene, R.R., Galambos, C. M., Greene, N. (2016). Social work with the aged and their families (4th ed.). New Brunswick, New Jersey: Aldine Transaction.
- Cummings, S. & Galambos, C. (2004). Diversity and aging in the social environment. Binghamton, N.Y.: Haworth Press.
- De Saxe Zerden, L., Cadet, T.J., Galambos, C. & Jones, B. (In press). Social Work’s Commitment and Leadership to Address Social Determinants of Health and Integrate Social Care into Health Care. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration.
- Galambos, C. (in press). Social Work. In Kaye, L.(Ed). The handbook of rural aging. Philadelphia: Routledge, Taylor, and Francis.
- Galambos, C. (2020, May 15). The public health epidemic exacerbated by COVID-19. Issues in Science and Technology (online).
- Canada, K. E., Galambos, C., Pritchett, A., Rollin, L., Rantz, M., Popejoy, L., & Vogelsmeier, A. (2020). Transitions of care: Perspectives of patients living in long term care. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 35, 3, 189-94.
- Galambos, C.M., Rantz, M., Craver, A., Bongiorno, M., Pelts, M., Holik, A., & Jun, J.S. (2019). Living with intelligent sensors: Older adult and family perceptions. Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 37, 11, 245-257. DOI:10.1097/CIN.0000000000000555.
- Folarinde, B; Alexander, G.L.; Galambos, C.; Wakefield, B.; Vogelsmeier, A. (2019). Exploring perceptions of healthcare providers use of electronic advance directive forms in electronic health records. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 45, 1, 17-21.
- Galambos, C. (2019). Letter from the Chair: Active Engagement and Discrimination in the Workplace Aging Section Connection, Spring/Summer, 2, 1. Washington, D.C.: National Association of Social Workers
- Lane, K., Galambos, C., Phillips, L, Popejoy, L, & Rantz, M. (2019). Aging in place: Transitional housing and supportive housing models. In Fulmer, T (Ed). Handbook of Geriatric Assessment, 5th ed, Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.