The mission of the Helen Bader Office of Applied Gerontology is to promote optimal aging and strengthen connections with community partners by advancing opportunities in gerontology education, research and training for students, faculty, and the community.
- Galambos, C.M., Greene, R. R., Cohen, H.L., & Kropf, N.P. (2018). Foundations of social work practice in the field of aging: A competency-based approach (2nd ed). Washington, D.C.: NASW.
- Greene, R.R., Galambos, C. M., Greene, N. (2016). Social work with the aged and their families (4th ed.). New Brunswick, New Jersey: Aldine Transaction.
- Cummings, S. & Galambos, C. (2004). Diversity and aging in the social environment. Binghamton, N.Y.: Haworth Press.
- Galambos, C. (2017). Disasters: A professional response. Aging Section Connection Fall/Winter, 1-3.
- Rantz, M., Phillips, L., Galambos, C., Lane, K., Alexander, G., DeSpins, L., Koopman, R.,Skubic, M., Hicks, L., Miller, S., Craver, A., Harris, B. (2017). Randomized trial of intelligent sensor system for early illness alerts in senior housing. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association, 18, 10, 860-870.
- Pelts, M. & Galambos, C. (2017). Intergroup contact: Using storytelling to increase awareness of lesbian and gay older adults in long term care settings. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 60,6-7, 587-604.
- Galambos, C.; Rantz, M.; Back; J.; Jun, J.S.; Skubic, M.; Miller, S.; (2017). Older adults’ perceptions and preferences of a fall risk assessment system: Exploring stages of acceptance model: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 35,7, 331-337.
- Galambos, C., Starr, J., Rantz, M., & Petroski, G. (2016). Analysis of advance directive documentation to support palliative care activity in nursing homes. Health and Social Work, 41, 4, 228-234. doi: 10.1093/hsw/hlw042.