- Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Graduate Program Coordinator, Criminal Justice & Criminology
Alyssa Sheeran is an assistant professor in the Department of Criminal Justice & Criminology. Dr. Sheeran's research interests focus on adult drug treatment courts and veteran's treatment courts, correlates of recidivism, and sentencing disparities in the criminal justice system. She has assisted on several program evaluations with criminal justice agencies across the state; and is currently the co-principal investigator on a project to evaluate the Milwaukee County Adult Drug Treatment Court.
Dr. Sheeran teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses including, Methods of Social Welfare Research; Analysis of Criminal Justice Research; Perspectives of Crime and the Criminal Justice System; Crime and Criminal Justice Policy; Women and the Criminal Justice System; and Violence in the Criminal Justice System, among others.
- Ph.D., Social Welfare, UW-Milwaukee, 2020
- M.S., Criminal Justice, UW-Milwaukee, 2015
- B.S., Criminal Justice, UW-Milwaukee, 2012
- Correlates of jail recidivism
- Sentencing disparities in the criminal justice system
- Adult drug treatment courts and veteran's treatment courts