The Bursar’s Office processes financial aid excess cash refunds approximately 2-3 business days after the refund posts to PAWS provided you have no additional financial obligations. Excess cash refunds are sent via direct deposit (ACH) or are mailed to your active mailing address in PAWS. In order to receive a refund of any kind, a valid mailing address must be on file on your PAWS account. To set up direct deposit (ACH) refunds for your PAWS account, see instructions below.
Undelivered excess cash checks may be replaced 14 days after the issuance date. Direct refund questions or the status of your excess cash to the Cashier’s Refund Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 229-5009, Cashier’s Main Office at email@example.com or (414) 229-4601.
International students expecting excess refunds should work closely with CIE / Refund Specialist to ensure their home address is correct if they have prior knowledge of not being in the US during the refunding period.
Direct Deposit (ACH)
Benefits of Direct Deposit (ACH)
Direct deposit will allow you to avoid delays and will directly deposit your funds into your bank account. These funds will be deposited into a savings or checking account you designate following the posting of the transaction on your student account. The funds will be available for you to use as soon as they are deposited. You should receive a direct deposit or ACH refund approximately 1-3 days faster than for a paper check.
NOTE: Parent Plus loans are not eligible for direct deposit (ACH) refunding at this time.
Instructions for Enrolling in Direct Deposit (ACH)
- Log into PAWS.
- Make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled.
- Click on Make a Payment in the Finances section of your PAWS Student Center.
- Click on the Manage My Refunds button.
- Verify your Email Address & add a secondary email if desired.
- Check both Boxes on the Manage Mobile Alerts page and enter a valid mobile number to opt in.
- If you do not opt in to receive mobile alerts, you will receive email notifications only.
- Click Save to proceed.
- You will receive an authentication code to either your Mobile phone or message to your email address depending on your choice in the previous step.
- Enter the Code to authenticate and click Submit.
- Enter the requested banking information to complete the setup for Direct Deposit (ACH).
NOTE: Please keep this information updated in the event you change banks and/or close accounts. Failure to do so will result in delayed access to your funds.