- PhD, Mathematical Statistics, George Washington, 1981
- MA, SUNY at Buffalo, 1971
- BA, Clark University, 1968
- UWM Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2003
- Martine D. Meyer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2002
- Inference for Gaussian processes, and applications to evolutionary biology
- Design of experiments and combinatorial design
Beder, Jay H., and Dean, Angela. “Cyclic generation of saturated orthogonal arrays.” Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice 15.4 (2021): 1-29.
Beder, Jay H., and Diestelkamp, Wiebke S. “Box-Hunter resolution in nonregular fractional factorial designs.” Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice 3.4 (2009): 879--889.
Beder, Jay H., and Willenbring, Jeb F. “Invariance of generalized wordlength patterns.” J. Statist. Plann. Inference 139.8 (2009): 2706--2714.
My teaching philosophy, in pdf, dvi, or postscript format.
Jay Beder on MathSciNet