- Professor, Dept. Chair, History
- Professor, Center for Jewish Studies
- PhD, American Studies, University of Minnesota, 1995
- BA, Brown University, 1985
|HIST 373-001||Topics in Gender and History: History of Witches and Witch-Hunts||MW 11:30am-12:45pm|
|HIST 373G-001||Topics in Gender and History: History of Witches and Witch-Hunts||MW 11:30am-12:45pm|
- Ethnic 101 - Africans, Europeans and Indian Nations in the Making of American Cultures
- Ethnic 102 - Transnational Migration
- Hist 600/Ethnic 550 - Immigration and U.S. Popular Culture
- Hist 436 - Midwestern Migrations
- Hist 419 - Post-1945 U.S.
- Hist 800 - Colloquium on U.S. History - Immigration History
- Hist 900 - Seminar on U.S. History - Rhetorics of Citizenship
- Hist 900 - Seminar on U.S. History - Citizen, Migrant, Nation
- Comparative Ethnic Studies
- Immigration History
- U.S. Survey, post-1945
- Immigration, immigrant rights
- Transnational cultural politics of the Cold War
- Diasporic cultural citizenship
- Coordinator, Comparative Ethnic Studies Program
- Interim Editor, Voces de la Frontera
- Editorial Board Member, Nation of Nations Series, New York University Press
Buff, Rachel I. Into Velvet Bellweather Prize for Socially Engaged FIction- PEN American Center. : 280
Buff, Rachel I. “Itinerancy &Violence: Paul Kochi and Imin No Aiwa (An Immigrant’s Sorrowful Tale)” Radical History Review Ed. Paik, A. N., and Mann, Simeon. ().
Buff, Rachel I. Deportation: The Origins of U.S. Policy Ed. Johnson, Benjamin. Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era. .
Buff, Rachel I. Review, Kenyon Zimmer, IMMIGRANTS AGAINST THE STATE Canadian Journal of History. .
Buff, Rachel I. “"Repurposing Immigrant Rights Advocacy"” Deportation in the Americas: Histories of Excluson and Resistance Ed. Zimmer, Kenyon, and Salinas, Cristina. College Station, TX: Texas A&M Press. (): 27.
Buff, Rachel I. Against the Deportation Terror: Organizing for Immigrant Rights in the Twentieth Century Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press. 2017: 282
Buff, Rachel I. “'We're Here Because You Were There': Refugee Rights Advocacy and AntiSemitism” On Anti Semitism: Solidarity and the Struggle for Justice Ed. Jewish Voice for Peace, . Chicago, IL: Haymarket Books. (2017): 121-128.
Buff, Rachel I. “Domestic Internationalisms, Imperial Nationalisms: Civil Rights, Immigration and Conjugal Military Policy” Routing Diasporas Ed. McGuinness, Aims, McKay, Steve, and Banerjee, Sukanya. Champagne-Urbana, IL: University of Illinois. (2012).
Buff, Rachel I. “Denizenship as Transnational Practice” Public Culture: Diversity, Democracy and Community in the United States Ed. Schaffer, Marguerite. Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Press. (2008): 263-272.
Buff, Rachel I. “"The Undergraduate Railroad"” Immigrant Rights in the Shadows of Citizenship Ed. Buff, Rachel I. New York: New York University Press. (2008).
Buff, Rachel I. “Harry Truman, Immigration and Ethnicity at an Imperial Moment” Harry's Farewell: Interpreting and Teaching the Truman Presidency Ed. Kirkendall, Richard. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press. (2004).