Planning for Summer

Most Graduate Assistant contracts are for nine months, which means assistants usually do not have income from assistantship during summer vacations. If international Graduate Assistants plan to stay in the US during summer vacations, they need to plan in advance how to cover the living expenses in summer.

F1 students may work up to full time during summer on campus and may be eligible for off-campus employment if they have authorizations. Please review this webpage for more information regarding employment for F1 students. Students can schedule an appointment with an immigration coordinator if they have questions regarding employment authorizations.

Questions should be directed ISSS at, by phone at 414-229-4846, or in person in Garland Hall, Room 138.