Records of Employment

Personnel files relating to employment as a graduate teaching, project or research assistant are maintained separately from those relating to the assistant’s academic record in the appropriate department, school, or college, and from the assistant’s electronic personnel file housed in the Office of Human Resources.

Documents relating to academic status are included in the academic file in the office of the appropriate department, school, or college.

Information unrelated to the Graduate Assistant’s performance (such as employment grievance procedure records) do not become part of the permanent academic record. For more information, see the UW System General Records Schedule for Human Resources and related records, and Wis. Stat. 19.36(10).