Pre-College Camp: American Indian Science Scholars Program (AISSP)
July 11-22, 2022
A FREE educational program for Native American high-school students interested in fields of health, science, education, and American Indian culture.
This program is supported by: Great Lakes Native American Research Center for Health, a program of Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council Inc.
Each day students will…
- Meet with camp leaders
- Participate in short classes or activities
- Submit small assignments on the Canvas course page
This year’s activities may include:
- College campus tours around the Milwaukee Area
- DNA extraction and typing
- Day at the Pharmacy School
- Cruise on the Freshwater Sciences boat
- Water testing and density labs
- Learn about research studies
- Stargaze at the UWM Planetarium
- Tool-box kits for college success
- Brewer game, kayak trip, and/or trip to one of Milwaukee’s museums
- Cultural activities and more!
If you have any questions or would like more information please send an Email to Angela Mesic.
Update for 2022: Pending on Covid-19 protocols, AISSP will be held overnight in the UWM dorms or as a day camp. We encourage all in-person participants to be vaccinated, but that is not a requirement. However, for non-vaccinated participants, you will be required to be tested both weeks.
If you are interested in being an American Indian Science Scholars MENTOR, please visit https://uwm.edu/eqi/narch-aissp-mentor/
To apply as a 2022 American Indian Science Scholars PARTICIPANT, apply here:
2022 AISSPApplication to attend the 2022 American Indian Science Scholar Program.