The Student Service Record (SSR) Program allows current UWM students to track their regular volunteer hours with the goal of logging at least 75 hours in order to obtain a university-recognized certificate. Students who log over 100 hours of service will obtain graduation cords to honor their service at their graduation ceremony.
Through the SSR Program, participants will become a part of an online community to engage, collaborate, and reflect with one another. Through the provided resources and the attendance of individual check-ins and reflection sessions, SSR participants will gain critical thinking skills and a strong sense of their own civic identity and responsibility as they are contributing to the greater good of the community.
By joining the SSR Program students will accomplish the following:
- Participants will learn how to connect their service to their civic responsibility.
- Participants will learn how to become engaged in their community through service.
- Participants will learn how community engagement can benefit them both academically and professionally.
- Participants will learn how to critically reflect on their service experience and how they are becoming change agents within their community.
How to Join
Contact program manager, Sam De Forest-Davis for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSR Program Guidelines
- SSR Memorandum of Understanding
- SSR Memorandum of Understanding – ARC Notetaker
- SSR Timecard
- SSR Episodic Event Timecard
- SSR Certificate Request Form
- SSR Graduation Cords Request Form