Prepare & Practice
We are excited to announce UWM’s latest interview preparation tool, BigInterview
How to Register for BigInterview
Preparing for an Interview
Be Familiar With…
- The organization
- Basic trends in the field
- The position description
- Common interview questions and styles
- Questions to ask during and when you’re scheduling your interview
Practice for an Interview
- Know what you want to say – but DO NOT MEMORIZE answers.
- Visualize positive interactions and outcomes
- PRACTICE OUT LOUD
- Get Feedback:
- Ask people help you practice or record yourself to review your body language, word choice, and tone.
- Need a Pep Talk?
- Come to walk-in advising for brief pointers
- Want to Practice with a Career Advisor?
- Call and schedule an appointment for a Mock Interview
- Practice on your own with BigInterview: online mock interview tool.
We’re Here For You!
Career Advising Appts
Schedule an in-person or virtual appointment: