We are excited to announce UWM’s latest interview preparation tool, BigInterview. Available to all UWM students.
How to Register for BigInterview
- Go to BigInterview.
- Click Register (Upper right-hand corner).
- Register using your UWM email address.
- Activate your account.
- Start the Tour.
- Come into the Career Planning & Resource Center for more help navigating BigInterview.
Preparing for an Interview:
- Be Familiar With…
- the organization
- basic trends in the field
- the position description
- common interview questions and styles
- questions to ask during and when you’re scheduling your interview
Practice for an Interview:
- Know what you want to say – but DO NOT MEMORIZE answers.
- Visualize positive interactions and outcomes
- PRACTICE OUT LOUD
- Get Feedback:
- Ask people help you practice or record yourself to review your body language, word choice, and tone.
- Need a Pep Talk?
- Come to walk-in advising for brief pointers
- Want to Practice with a Career Advisor?
- Call and schedule an appointment for a Mock Interview
- Practice on your own with BigInterview: online mock interview tool.