You’re about to start your job search and you have put together the best resume you can. If you use the same resume for every position to which you’re applying, you risk not distinguishing yourself among your job-seeking peers. A resume serves two main purposes:
- To demonstrate how your education, accomplishments, experiences and skills meet the employer’s needs.
- To be granted an interview (where you show the employer you are the right candidate).
Top 4 Resume Tips:
- Grab the reader’s attention quickly.
- Identify and highlight your relevant qualifications. Help the employer recognize your interest and how your experiences match their needs.
- Make sure your resume is organized, and as concise as possible without eliminating important information
- Tailor your resume to specific job descriptions to give the potential employer what he/she needs. Employers want to look at resumes from people who really want the job.